Welcome to the Curly Cook, a food blog dedicated to good food and wine with Portuguese flare!

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Back to Blogging

Hi all,

So I've taken a bit of an hiatus during the summer months. It wasn't really planned, but as the weather became warmer, so did my apartment, and cooking in a hot apartment is, well, very hot. In any case, it's not that I've stopped thinking about the blog, or food for that matter, in fact I would say that I've been doing a lot of food related things, but just not posting.
I've been keeping busy with other food related things....I taped a cooking demo. You can check it out on YouTube I have to give props to my friend Marco Raffa, an aspiring filmaker/producer/tv guy, who found me a place to shoot the (3) part demo as well as edit the whole thing....THANKS MARCO! You can check out his portofolio of videos through the link above...happy viewing :)
I've also been traveling a bit...Toronto (Summerlicious @ Bymark....VERY good), Stratford (Theatre, Dining and picnics by the river), Simcoe (Cherry Picking), British Columbia (Sushi!!!) and of course in and around my neck of the woods for the usual sort of thing.
I've kept taking photos of good meals I've had or things that have struck my fancy with the intent of posting them all eventually. Well I guess all it took was the endless 'Back to School' commercials to get me off my duff and back to blogging....so I am officially back and will try to keep up with as best I can.
Come back soon and be sure to leave your comments and questions.
Oh and I've added a few photos below to prove that the 'Curly Cook' never stops thinking about food and blogging :)
Seared Ahi-Tuna at Bymark (by Mark McEwan) during Summerlicious in Toronto

View of the Avon River from our picnic table at Stratford on Father's Day.


Posing with a very full sour cherry tree on Tio Tony's Farm in Simcoe
Sushi House Takeout, Vancouver, B.C.

No comments: