Welcome to the Curly Cook, a food blog dedicated to good food and wine with Portuguese flare!

Monday, January 8, 2007

So it begins...




Hi There, my name is Sandra and I'm the Curly Cook.
I thought I should introduce myself before I posted my first 'official' post...so here it goes.
I'm 20 something, less than a year out of university and working as an engineer. I've always loved cooking and can still remember the first meal I made, myself...T-bone steak, fried, with some rice and microwaved veggies on the side. I was eight, my mom was sick in bed, and I was hungry!
I've started this blog to share the recipes and food that I try every day. Some of them don't take long, and some of them do, but I promise that all of them will be uncomplicated. You see, I'm not a chef, but I am a cook. I don't know how to chop vegetables like the people on the Food Network (yet!) and I don't wear a special uniform. I cook what I feel like eating while trying to make use of what I have in my fridge and create minimal clean up for myself.
I hope you enjoy the blog and keep coming back for more.
Happy Eating :)

No comments: